Zombies Ate My Blog


Notes: The Exit @ Juanita's Cantina 3-20-06

Everybody that runs a blog has probably gotten the email from People in Planes, but the publicist also was promoting a band called The Exit and their 2005 release,Home For An Island. I didn't think much of this band when I first heard it, but they are starting to grow on me.

The Exit - Dont Push [mp3]
Now I had a hard time deciding whether I should have gone to this concert, and the answer was yes I should, but I should have left immediately after they were done playing. The problem was this was an all ages show featuring a crappy emo band. Now not only were there to many people there, but I was nearly the tallest tin the crowd. Have I mentioned I can not stand emo kids?

Anyways, The Exit put on a good and exciting show. I was also unaware that they played live with a saxophonist. The set started with a duet featuring the bassist/vocalist and the keyboardist from Straylight Run. They then progressed into a hefty set including highlights like "Back to the Rebels", "Don't Push", and "Pressure Cooker". If you like rock at its finest I recommend these guys all emo aside. I'm not ripping on Straylight either, rather The Spill Canvas. Note to Self: Avoid Emo Bands!

0 Responses to “Notes: The Exit @ Juanita's Cantina 3-20-06”

Post a Comment