Zombies Ate My Blog


Maritime + Aloha @ Vino's Brew Pub 3-19-06

Aloha
Not very many showed up for this little concert at Vino's Brew Pub on a Sunday night. Vino's is a great little pizza joint/brewery that lets you bring in jugs that you purchase from them to have filled with you favorite variety of beers they make themselves, not to mention the pizza is superb. They also bring in great entertainment for the backroom, and hardley charge as much as other venues.
Maritime started the show out with a small set. Only about 15 or 20 people showed for this gig and Maritime wasn't feeling it so much and I think their performance suffered slightly. Much more, I only truly liked one song from the set and that was the one that I featured back with the news of Maritime releasing their new album. They had the limited press blue vinyl for sale with them.
Aloha followed with a longer set and to me a much more pleasing show. They have been getting a lot of hype in my opinion, and their inclusion at SXSW, the Stereogum showcase, and the numerous amount of blogging that has gone on is waranted. Really a larger crowd would suit to create a better mood, but they played well enough to keep my attention.
Aloha - Your Eyes [mp3]

0 Responses to “Maritime + Aloha @ Vino's Brew Pub 3-19-06”

Post a Comment