Zombies Ate My Blog


Essence of The Hipster

Just a little update and some links here. Check out this really cool shirt from threadless. Its titled hipster doll. I think if you wanted to you could actually print he picture and cut it out. Make sure to get it while its hot, and before it sells out.[link]

I posted this link on another site, but its a copy of Jimi Hendrix performing on It Must Be Dusty! June 12 1968. It includes a rare duet with female vocalist and host Dusty Springfield and Jimi himself. It also contains the first "official" public performance of Voodoo Child (Slight Return). Jimi Hendrix - It Must Be Dusty! June 5, 1968 [.rar archive]

I figured I'd also take this time to update you on a few of my favorite albums that I have been listening to lately. I'll have a new mix up soon.

  1. Blood On the Wall -Awesomer [2005]
  2. Finian Mckean - Shades Are Drawn [2005]
  3. Mogwai - Mr. Beast [2006]
  4. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones (Not Final Version)

Take a listen to these if you get the time. Buy them at Insound.

1 Responses to “Essence of The Hipster”

  1. # Blogger IF THE BIRDS KNEW

    Cool blog! FYI right now you can only get copies of Finian McKean's "Shades are Drawn" through the website www.finianmckean.com it will have wider distribution in the spring. xoxoxo ITBK  

Post a Comment